Saturday, July 17, 2010

So Grateful and Fly Free


Good Evening!!! Thanks so much to Pam and Lynn for following me! When I get a bit more tech savvy, I'll figure out how to actually email my followers to thank them.....but I can't right now:) It seems I would have to become a follower myself and THAT doesn't seem right!

I made this card for the Unity Addicts Challenge #9. Their challenge was a color challenge to use teal, orange and navy. I have to admit that the color combo wasn't a natural fit for me, so it took me a while to play with them. I decided to use the teal just as an accent. I'm loving the images from Unity that have designs within the stamped image like this bird does. The images seem so fresh and kind of funky!

The card below was one I made the other day when I felt that I really needed to "fly free." You know, one of those days when nothing seems right and you just want to take a pass on everything!?! I decided to make several cards and express my thoughts that way. Creating cards does that for me. Creating can take me to another place that is so much more peaceful and calm. I love the flow that happens when I'm just creating and not thinking about anything else. I sure hope that you get that feeling sometimes too. There's nothing like it!!



So Grateful
Challenge: Unity Addicts Challenge #9
Stamps: June Kit of the Month: Unity
Ink: Night of Navy: Stampin' UP
Paper: dp- Gaga for Gingham: Lauren Meader; cs-Night of Navy, Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie: Stampin' UP
Extras: rhinestone flower, marker, dimensionals

Fly Free
Stamps: June Kit of the Month: Unity
Ink: Garden Green: Stampin' UP, Jumbo Java Chalk Ink: Versamark
Paper: Nook and Pantry: Basicgrey
Extras: dimensionals, scallop edge punch


5 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Awesome use of the Unity challenge colors!! Both cards turned out so very nicely. Super work :)

Maria said...

What wonderful Unity Creations! Thanks so much for playing along with the addicts challenge!

shuggy said...

i love the butterfly tree!! so pretty.

email me again about ippity. i can't find your email.

AJ said...

this is FABULOUS! love the colors!!!

AKiteFlier said...

great job Anne - love the gingham paper! ROck on - keep on bloggin.