Monday, January 31, 2011

Flower Girl

Hello!! I have two similar cards to share with you today. Please pardon the pictures. The sun is not out and here in the Midwest it doesn't look as if we'll see it anytime soon! I promise that my little Pure Innocence's face is not as off color as it looks!! Such a disappointment. I'm really going to have to build myself that light box soon.

My first card follows the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #4. I just LOVE this sketch and plan to use it often. I used some lace from my mother. She used to sew up a storm and she has shared some of her leftover goodies with me:) I made the "bow" on my card by tying a button around the lace and pulling tight. I used my blossoms spellbinders die to cut the shape and then I shaded on the rustic white shape. I cut out my little PI girl because I didn't want her flower for this project. All in all, I am happy with how it turned out.

My second card uses the same materials, but it uses the whole PI image and some flowers that I made with a flourish punch and two flower punches. It is for the Just Us Girls Challenge #69. The JUGS ladies are making some pretty sensational flowers ala Tim Holtz, but I opted for a more simple style for this card. OK, so really, after I saw the tutorial I was shaking in my shoes!! Props to those of you out there who make those awesome flowers!!

Challenges: MFTWSC #4 and JUGS Challenge #69
Stamp Set: Pure Innocence Flower Girl: My Favorite Things
DP: Making Memories
CS: Pink: Bazill, Rustic White: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
Extras: Copics, lace, vintage button, Rustic Twine: Papertrey Ink, flower punches, flourish punch, border punch: Stampin' UP, brads, pop dots

1 comment:

Dana Gustafson said...

Awww, so sweet! Great cards both of them! Don't be nervous about the tim style flowers, they are easier than they look. Thank you for joining Just Us Girls this week for the 3D flower challenge!