Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Friends with Flair!!


Happy Friday and Friends with Flair! Be sure to visit the Unity blog to see everyone's great creations! Today is a great Friday for me because I'm starting my summer break from teaching. Although I miss the kids and, sometimes, the schedule, I AM ready for a break:)

Today's project is CAS. I wanted the sentiment to stand out! I used two stamps from the May KOM to stamp the background. You can see a close-up below. Then I stamped the sentiment on dp and highlighted with garnet gems. It's popped up and accented with a ribbon tied with twine. I am hanging this on a neat frame that I got from Pier One a year ago. You can see the frame in the second picture below. It has these neat little clips that you can clip photos, tags, hangings, etc from. I actually have three in a row and I love them:)

Have a great weekend!

Stamps: Background stamps: May KOM: Unity, sentiment: Quote Bundle Pack: Unity
DP: Circa 1934: Cosmos Cricket
CS: Black: Papertrey Ink
Extras: Ribbon, Garnet Gems: Bazzill Basics, Pop dots, Twine: Papertrey Ink

17 comments:

Kate said...

Great cas card :0) and that frame is so cool what a great idea.
Kate x

Ruby said...

Great projects and cool idea with frame.

Houses Built of Cards said...

What a cool card! I just got this stamp set in the super sale last weekend! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jingle said...

This is very cute!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Anne!

Love the colors that you used! Very nice card! And thanks so much for your sweet comment! I wish to join every Friday, but due to the time difference I don't always make it, if I have work and plans, but happy to join today! Love it!!
Wishing you a wonderful day!

Hugs, Wendy

michib said...

great card! love the ribbon off the side and the stamping on dp.

farmhouse-story said...

love your card today, and the new frame, anne! enjoy your summer break:)

Marilyn Nimmo said...

LOVE this card--the sentiment is so fabulous. Love the vintage and how you stamped on the gingham background. LOVE that frame!

Kary said...

Awesome card!! Love that sentiment! I love the frame you have, and it's a great idea to showcase your card on it. Great job!

Annette Allen said...

Very cute..

Emily Keaton said...

Awesome project!!

Unknown said...

I love how you did the ribbon and now I have to see if Pier 1 still has anything like that frame!

jennifer mitten said...

Love this and the sentiment is wonderful too...

Gwen said...

Very sharp and I'm glad you have the closeup of the background, I would have missed that. Love that frame, too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and LOVE how you made the sentiment the focus. And that little frame is fabulous for displaying your cards!

lisa a.

Erin said...

That background is amazing! Love the colors too

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Love your CAS card, thanks for the lovely comment on my blog too!