Thursday, June 30, 2011

Celebrate Today!

Hello Friends! Just in time, I have my card for last Friday's CAS-ual Friday challenge. The challenge was to add a special edge to your card. My special edge is a scalloped edge cut with the medium scallop die from My Favorite Things. Obviously I'm still into red, white and blue and the Jenni Bowlin papers fit perfectly! The stars on the top were stamped and then punched out with a star punch. Then I punched a smaller star and added it to the center of the big star with a pop dot. The stars are actually popped up a bit from the card. I'm happy with how it turned out. I seem to be more of a CAS stamper all the time:)

Edited to add: DARN! I didn't read carefully and missed that the challenge cards needed to be in by Wednesday night!! And here I was sitting with it done on my desk!! Oh well, there's always next time:)

Challenge: CAS-ual Fridays 8
Stamp Set: Star Prints, Mixed Messages: Papertrey Ink
DP: Jenni Bowlin
CS: White: Papertrey Ink, Real Red: Stampin' UP
Ink: Night of Navy: Stampin' UP
Extras: star punches, pop dots

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful patriotic card!!! Have a happy 4th!

lisa a.