Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You're a Class Act!

Hello! My card is for a good friend who is going to be leaving the school where I teach. Why is she leaving? Not because she isn't a good teacher or a great team player, not because she wants to leave, but because our district is in financial trouble. What district in Illinois isn't? It is SUCH a shame that education loses good teachers all the time due to budget cuts. She will be missed by many as a colleague and friend.

Today's card follows the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge 23. It is a great sketch and one that I will use again soon. The stamp is my first a la modes stamp. Isn't she the cutest? I will tell you that I will NOT be trying to cut her out again anytime soon! I even had to get out my exacto knife to cut the tiny spaces between her arm and her hair and shoulder! The gem that I used is a garnet red. Every time I photograph it, though, it turns out black. I also used a black spica glitter pen to color her belt. That doesn't show as well in the photo either!


Challenge: MFTWSC23
Stamp Set: a la modes: You Rule: My Favorite Things
DP: Circa 1934: Cosmo Cricket
CS: Very Vanilla, Black: Stampin' UP
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Chai Distressing Ink: Papertrey Ink
Extras: Tiny Type Stickers: Cosmo Cricket, gem, pop dots, Copics, markers

No comments: