This is a section of the banner. I used 7 different fabrics at 1/4 yard each. That made four pennants of each fabric because I backed up each fabric. That way it is sturdier and is also 2 sided. I made a template for the triangles that was 7 3/4 inches across the top and 8 inches down to the point.
I used Heat n Bond to adhere the two sides of the fabric together. Then I used a ribbon and more Heat n Bond to attach it across the tops of the triangles. There is ribbon across the top on both sides to make it sturdier AND two sided. I left about 14 inches of ribbon on each end of the banner to be able to tie it up.
I have to admit that this project seemed a little daunting at first, but I'm happy with the results. I'm glad I pushed myself to do it!
My next two projects are Modge Podge projects. The first is a birthday wall hanging that I plan to use year after year. I will tape a typed page of each month's birthdays to the hanging square. One caution I have for this project is to be careful what chipboard you use for the birthday months. As I Modge Podged the papers on, the black color turned my Modge Podge PINK!! In some cases it dried clear and in others there is a bit of pink showing. It is what it is!! The letters are from Michaels. I typed up the words "Happy" and "Birthday" and added them to the letters.
My last project is an easy one...or should have been. I made one of those clipboards that everyone seems to be making with Modge Podge and scrapbook paper. After these two projects, I'm not sure that Modge Podge is my friend!! I had trouble keeping it smooth on the clipboard.
Be sure to check out everyone's amazing projects at Fourth Grade Frolics! I absolutely LOVE seeing all the great ideas and inspiration!