Monday, May 9, 2011

flowers

Hello! Just ignore that eerie green cast around my card:) Apparently the green on my card reflected all over in my light box! The green isn't even that garish, it's much more subtle and springy! I'm not sure how to change that......

Today's card fits three challenges (see below) and was an additional challenge for me. I have this beautiful dp but I find it so hard to create with. The daisy paper is from Egghunt, by Papertrey Ink. The polka dot paper is Polka Dot Parade, also by Papertrey Ink. I've used Papertrey Ink's cardstock, spring moss and summer sunrise, to mat the layers. I love paper piecing this image from Unity and that seemed to pull all the elements together. The top flower is a sticker that I had in my stash.

If you have used these papers before, I would love to see what you've done with them! Just leave a link in your comment for me. Thanks!!:)

Challenges: May's Sketch for you to Try , Crazy 4 Challenges 86 (flowers), Blogger's Challenge (nature)
Stamp Sets: Flower from Now and Always-Ippity: Unity, Sentiment from Make a Wish: Papertrey Ink
DP: Egghunt and Polka Dot Parade: Papertrey Ink
CS: Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, White: Papertrey Ink
Extra: Spring Moss swiss dot ribbon: Papertrey Ink, flower sticker, Nestibilities: Spellbinders, pop dots

4 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful spring card! Love the layering of your blossom! Thanks for playing along at the Bloggers Challenge!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love the papers you used, Anne! The dotted ones especially, and that flower is soo pretty!!! Wonderful card, love it!
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Hugs, Wendy

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love those papers but I have not used them. Thanks for joining us at blogger's challenge.

farmhouse-story said...

love you big flower, anne-for some reason, i never got that ippity set.