Monday, May 9, 2011

birthday wishes

Happy Day! I am so excited that the sun has made its reappearance in our sky! After such a dark and dreary late winter/early spring, the brightness is wonderful! I wanted today's card to reflect that happy feeling. I started with the JUGS challenge for my LO. I added some extra layers and played around a bit with the sketch. I got the chance to use my sun and kite dienamics from My Favorite Things. The sun is made of felt and the kite is made from dp and popped up from the card. Don't you just love that Caribbean Twine hanging from it?!?

I hope the skies and the day are sunshiney for you; wherever you are!!

Challenge: JUGS 83
Stamp Set: Mixed Messages: Papertrey Ink
DP: Clouds: Pebbles, Other: Echo Park
CS: Lemon Tart, White: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
Extras: Caribbean Twine: The Twinery, Harvest Gold felt and ribbon: Papertrey Ink, Kite and Sun Dienamics: My Favorite Things, pop dots

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How summery cute! Loving the kite and the great papers. Enjoy your sunshine. :)

Lisa a

AKiteFlier said...

Oh boy - you were reading my mind with a need for sunshine eh!! I love your felt sun and your kite tail from the twine. SO cute. Nice job with the weird shaped snippet of paper - interesting to see what the players are doing with that. Well done! Good to see you're getting time to play. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate your gettin' sketchy with us.

Maria said...

Nice job! Love what you did with all the layers and the sketch!! Way to go and thanks for playing along with JUST US GIRLS!

Andrea M said...

My gosh Anne! This is so darn FANTASTIC!!! WOW! Love the felt sun!!! Such a wonderful take on the sketch!!! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS!!