Monday, May 30, 2011

Graduation Dreams

Thank you to all the veterans who have served in our country's Armed Forces.
Thank you to those who still serve today.
Graduation is in the air! This week's CAS-ual Friday Challenge is to make a graduation card. I've finished all my graduation cards that I need to send, so this one is an extra. Usually when I make a graduation card, I use the school's colors in the design. Today I decided on black, white and blue. One of the high schools near us has blue for one of its colors, so I thought that this would be appropriate for that. I also think that it could be just a good masculine graduation card for any school! My card wasn't coming together until I found the dp scrap in my pile. That added enough "extra" to pull the card together. My mojo was not working for me yesterday, so I'm hoping it will come back soon:) This card took me MUCH longer than it should have!!

Challenge: CAS-ual Friday #4
Stamp Set: For the Graduate: Papertrey Ink
DP: Imaginisce
CS: White, Black: Papertrey Ink, Brilliant Blue: Stampin' UP
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
Extras: Mat die cut: Papertrey Ink, pop dots


7 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

So pretty and elegant! Love the sophisticated color scheme!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again!

Laura Davis said...

This is so pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Virginia L. said...

This is one fabulous grad card! I love the layering and design, Ann! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karen B. said...

I think the designer paper is a fabulous touch-it brings a sense of elegance to your card! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Carol Wilde said...

pretty card and elegant colour-combo !

Carol

Anonymous said...

What a great color scheme, love the focal image and what yummy patterned paper :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love the black and white with the pop of blue. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.