Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hats Off to the grad!

Whew! I didn't know if I'd be able to pull off this week's JUGS challenge: "Kissing with a Twist." Essentially, you ink up a stamp with a light color and then ink up another stamp with a darker color and twist it on. You can't really see the twist too much on my card, but I was afraid if I twisted too much, you would never know it was a graduation cap that I stamped! I had to use a background stamp for my kissing. I just don't have many solid color stamps at all because I find them difficult to stamp well. This card is CAS because it's for my nephew who is graduating this spring. Didn't want to get too girly for him! As you might have guessed, his school colors are blue and gold. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out!

Challenge: JUGS challenge 84
Stamp Sets: Background stamp-Canvas: Stampin' UP, For the Graduate: Papertrey Ink
CS: White: Papertrey Ink, Brilliant Blue (retired): Stampin' UP
Ink: Brilliant Blue marker (retired) Stampin' UP
Extras: pop dots (for the sentiment block)

3 comments:

Andrea M said...

Anne!! Your take on the technique is PERFECT! This card ROCKS!!! AWESOME job! Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS! Hope you'll join us again next week!!!

farmhouse-story said...

love the look you've given the hats, anne! great challenge card!

Kristin Eberline said...

What a great way to use the technique! Love the grad hats and your masculine theme...this turned out so nice!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!