Monday, July 25, 2011

sending you a little happy

Hello, Friends! I received an email today about challenges The Craft's Meow was hosting. Since I'm always looking for a good challenge (and a chance for free STAMPS) I thought I'd give two of them a try. I didn't use The Craft's Meow stamps because I just have one set that I keep using over and over! I'm going to be heading off to buy some more after my post:)

My first card is for Lucy's Lovely Lines (edited to add:) and Simply Scrapping Crafts Challenge-Banners. Lucy's Lovely Lines had a great sketch (below) that was just my style, CAS. I used Unity's May10 KOM for the pennant and sentiment. I paper pieced the pennant with scraps from Hopscotch by BasicGrey. The cloud paper is a leftover from my stash:) I used My Favorite Things medium scallop and cloud dies to create a little scene on the card.My next card is a shabby birthday card for the Simply Scrapping Crafts Challenge. Their sketch is below. I used Papertrey Ink's Mixed Messages for the sentiments on my tickets. All the rest of the card is made from bits and pieces that I've collected and hoarded,er,saved over the years. This isn't my normal style, but I had fun playing with it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE banners so your first card is totally awesome. And I LOVE tickets, so your second card is totally awesome. Love how you were inspired by the sketches!!! Fabulous girlie.

lisa a.

Amy M. said...

I love your take on the Lucy's Lovely lines challenge! It is beautiful.

farmhouse-story said...

these are both so darling, anne! love the banner and the tickets!

Unknown said...

I love the sending you a little happy card!! It would make me smile to receive that in the mail just as intended!

Clare said...

Oh my gosh, your first card is stinking cute! And the second card is oh-so-gorgeous! Seriously! Love those tickets, the butterfly, the glitter, everything!

Dawn T said...

So beautiful ~ both of them, Thanks for joining us at SSC

Lin said...

Love your idea to use banners for this sketch challenge - beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!