Thursday, August 4, 2011

Altered Album Cover

Good Morning! I made an album about my black lab, Abby, and this is the cover. I've been "into" banners for a while now and I wanted to make one out of fabric. I just used Memento ink to stamp right on the fabric banners. To stamp on the denim album cover, I used acrylic paint. Acrylic paint works best for me when I put some paint on a small plastic tray and then use a sponge brush to put the paint right onto the stamp.

I plan to make more banners in the future, so stay tuned:) This altered album happens to fit with the current JUGS challenge to use fabric. I will also be linking this post with some linky parties on Saturday. They are lots of fun! Stop back if you want to see where they are, I'll add them to this post.

I'm linking to these fab linky parties:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

super star cute!

lisa a.

Lisa Kind said...

What a great album! Love the use of the paint...very clever! I hope your dog appreciates all the work you did! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge!

farmhouse-story said...

love your album, anne, esp. the banner and use of paint!

Elise said...

Eeeeek! THIS is adorable! Sorry I'm here late, but I'm DELIGHTED to see your BEAUTIFUL creation! THANKS for sharing this FINE piece of crafty fabulousness with Just Us Girls! We adore having your participate with us!