Friday, August 19, 2011

You Rock!


Happy Friday and Friends with Flair!
Check out the Unity blog to see all the great cards!

Well, friends, you may have noticed that I am not blogging nearly as much as I did earlier in the summer. I'm a teacher and back to school, so that's the reason!! I plan on blogging more than once a week; there are several challenges that I like to play. The beginning of school can be the trickiest with time, so please bear with me as I make it through! That being said, I love to teach and I love to stamp....so I'm making sure this year that there will be plenty of time for BOTH:)

Today's card uses the August Sketch for You to Try. I've taken away and added some elements, but I think that you can basically see the sketch. The stamps, of course, are Unity and are from the July11 Kit of the Month. I've used Picket Fence dp by Lilybeedesign. I just LOVE that paper. It's all soft and pretty combinations, just my mood right now! I popped up the rocking chair, the mat underneath it and the six stars.

It was great to get inky again after some days off! I hope you enjoy it:)

18 comments:

Jen M said...

Just love that rocking chair!!! Fab card, Anne!

Kary said...

Hi Anne! Love the patterned papers & that cute rocking chair. It's a lovely card!!

Jackie S said...

Love all the colors

StampinCathy said...

I just love this rockin card. Love all the stars too.

Amber Sheaves said...

Really fun card!

Ruby said...

I love this fun card.

*Alison* said...

Oh I like how you have the positive and negative stars on your project..
HUGS
-off to the Unity blog hop ;)

Annette Allen said...

very cute..love all the stars..

sharon g said...

The extra stars look great!!

Beejay said...

Very sweet card!

JPScraps said...

Cute card. I was thinking of using the rocking chair the same way :-)

farmhouse-story said...

love this, anne! cute bkgd papers, too! happy weekend!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Great paper choices!

ddazzled71 said...

I love the You Rock and Star Combination and the way you have framed with the red polka dot paper. Just fabulous!

Anonymous said...

i love this stamp, but couldn't figure out what to do with it. LOVE your idea!

Kristi said...

wow so cute! I must have this stamp!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Yep, I understand the whole back-to-school chaos. I love your card! The colors and stars are gorgeous and that stamp...love it!

Unknown said...

Catching up on some browsing and commenting and I totally missed the Fri hop. These papers and colors are awesome...great use of the stars too! Awesome card Anne! Have a fantastic week!