Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Smile, everything is going to be okay.

Good Morning! When I made this card I had a BLAST using my new i rock tool. It heats up the little studs that you see everywhere on this card. That activates the glue attached to them and melts them to the card. SO much fun!!! The challenge for this card is the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. The sketch was a bit hard for me in that I needed to use so many different dp strips. I pulled out an old favorite, Lemonade, by Basicgrey, to help me out. I want to play with this sketch again, perhaps using the same dp for the top three strips. We'll see:)

I hope that you have an awesome day!! It's shaping up to be a nice one in Northern Illinois!

Challenge: MFTWSC31
Stamp Set: All Smiles: My Favorite Things
DP: Lemonade: Basicgrey
CS: Vintage Cream: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
Extras: i rock tool and studs, scallop circles and circles- large: Nestabilities: Spellbinders, pop dots




2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

love those papers and the shine of those gems, anne! so pretty!

Unknown said...

Pretty pretty colors and card Anne! That paper is definitely 'sweet' and oh my gosh...I have an i-rock tool that I just started using a month or so ago (I won it...oooh, things come in 3, so after winning your blog candy...I better play the lottery..heehee). I'm getting used to how long to keep the tool on the gem (I noticed that if you keep it too long it may scrape away a dot of the color on the gem). But I'm getting used to is quickly and love how easy it is to use! Fabulous and fun creation!